Friday, May 28, 2010

VW POLO CUP




I recently got to drive the VW Polo Cup car in Coimbatore. The little hatch has been converted into a rather awesome track machine and boy was it fun out there on the track.

VW has fitted the Polo with a 1.6 litre R4 Common Rail diesel engine that is capable of making 130BHP and 250Nm of torque. Mated to a 6 speed stick shift, the car is an absolute delight to drive. It powers up like nobody's business and thanks to the stiff suspension and wide slick tyres, it sticks to the tarmac like glue, making it possible to hustle the car through corners and just floor it down the long straight stretch.

With the VW Polo Cup kicking off next weekend, I can only say that I am jealous of the 20 drivers who have been selected to take part in this prestigious race.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How does stiff suspension make it stick like glue?

Anonymous said...

i think you misunderstood the statement in the write up....a stiff suspension offers better handling by reducing lateral movement of the wheels....combined with a larger contact patch offered by the large slick tyres, the car has rather good grip as well....combine the two and the feeling is as though the car is planted to the track.

Unknown said...

Can I get these tyres done in my poloHL 2013 ??
I live in bhopal where can I get them ?

Unknown said...

Can I get these tyres done in my poloHL 2013 ??
I live in bhopal where can I get them ?

Unknown said...

Can I get these tyres done in my poloHL 2013 ??
I live in bhopal where can I get them ?